Friday, October 31, 2008

'GCal Popup' Firefox extension

Although I haven't really got into the habit of using Google Calendar yet (to be honest I've managed to organise my life reasonably well so far without the need for a calendar), for those who do use it, GCal Popup looks like a nice little extension for Firefox.

Quite simply, it adds an icon to the status bar which, when clicked, opens Google Calendar in an overlay over the current web page, lightbox-style. Clicking the icon toggles the calendar.

I've not tested it but I guess the acid test is how quickly it opens. If it's no faster than having a conventional bookmark and opening in a new tab then I guess there's no real advantage, unless its psychological.

Anyway, the extension is currently labelled "experimental" so it might still be a bit buggy. But if anyone tries it out or already uses it, lets hear your comments.

No comments: