Thursday, October 16, 2008

Kind of cool, kind of over-the-top

There's a video clip on the BBC website showing a quick tour round Google's office in Zurich. I've seen other clips before and I always find myself thinking I'm not sure whether it's cool or just a bit over-the-top.

Probably a bit of both.

Things like the slide, fireman's pole, etc. are just a bit over-the-top, and the big dark room with fish tanks and massage chairs - while I don't doubt it's relaxing - seems a bit excessive really! But having areas to relax and chill out, access to free food, the ability to choose different working environments depending on your mood, space to meet with colleagues and have a chat over a coffee - these are all great things (although I do wonder how they 'police' the amount of time people spend playing pool or computer games!).

No comments: