Wednesday, November 12, 2008

MozBackup

MozBackup is a simple open source backup utility for creating backups of many Mozilla products, including Firefox.

I currently have over 25 extensions installed (although I keep some of them disabled unless I specifically need to use them) - this might seem like a lot but I've heard of people having 60 or more!! I tend to be quite strict with myself about what extensions I actually keep installed. I'll only try an extension if it looks like it offers a significant usability enhancement, and even then, if it turns out to be less useful than I anticipated, I'll uninstall it again.

Nevertheless, 25 extensions, not to mention my browsing history, bookmarks, cookies, etc. is a lot of stuff to lose should things go wrong, so I thought it was about time I looked into backing up my profile. And MozBackup seems to offer a very nice, easy to use way of doing this - and of course, restoring backed up profiles.

No comments: