Friday, December 5, 2008

Introduction to Firebug

Estelle Weyl has a great introduction to the Firebug extension for Firefox on her website.

I have to admit, to my shame, that I've had Firebug installed for perhaps a couple of years and yet never actually taken the time to understand how it works or what exactly it does! I just knew it was one of those things I "ought" to have as a web developer!! But reading this has opened my eyes to just what a powerful tool Firebug really is. I try to avoid javascript if I can help it but even just for HTML and CSS it has some very useful features.

1 comment:

James Ots said...

You have to be careful with debugging JavaScript in Firebug, as Firebug itself is written in JavaScript, which causes all sorts of strange things to happen - so at work I no longer use Firebug for JavaScript debugging, and use the Venkman JavaScript Debugger instead.

But it's really useful for the HTML and CSS stuff.